Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Rtn.Hanif Tayub


My name is Hanif, 
My father's name is Anver,
My Grandfather's name is Tayub
My Great Grandfather's name is Essa,
My Great Great Grandfather's name is Hamid. He came to Madurai in 1812.
Hamid's sons Essa, Hajee Moosa, Yusuf started the shop HAJEE MOOSA in 1878
In 1912, my Granfather separated from his uncles and started a shop in Trichy.
In 1931, my Grandfather started TAYUB MAHOMED HAJEE MOOSA & CO
In 1949, it was re-constituted with my father and his 2 brothers as partners.
In 1985, it was re-constituted with my father, myself and my brother Basheer.
- We were wholesale distributors for Madura Coats. We started exports in 1975.
- Products exported - Industrial Gloves, Promotional Cotton Bags & Institutional Uniforms. We have our own production facilities in Madurai.
- Markets - USA, UK & Australia.

We are members of Apparel Export Promotion & Cotton Export Councils
We are members of Madittisia, TN Chamber of Commerce, Madurai Productivity Council & FICCI.
I was married to Zaheda in 1981. She is from Mumbai. We have 3 children,
Shameekh married to Tasneem, daughter of Sulaiman - Joosabs & in USA
Rehan married to Zeenath, daughter of Karim Zaveri - with me in Business
Humera married to Ahmed son of Habib - Star Park Hall & Travels in Madurai
I studied in St. Joseph's convent 1st to 3rd std, Noyes Eng School 4th std,
Monfort Boy's School 3rd & 4th std, St. Mary's School 6th to 11th,
PUC in American College & BBA in Thiagarajar College of Arts.
I was a member of Junior Chambers Youth Council & then in Jaycees
I joined Rotary in the year 2002 and was a Secretary in 2013-2014. I am a EC member of Al Amin School in K. Pudur.

I used to play Tennis and Cricket and represented my School & College.
I play chess & Table Tennis as a pastime. I can sing well.
I would like to be useful citizen of my city / state / country. I am willing to serve.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Hanif Ji for being so quick in sending your profile. I have been admiring your energy, passion and dedication for quiet sometime. Good to know more about you. - Yours Rtn.EASY Rams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanif Sir has shown us model. He is a roll model for this initiative. Excellent Rams for spearheading the initiative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanif, Rams!! Good begining. Hanif has brought out a great history of his forefathers who bright great revolution of business & social culture in Madurai spanning 130 years. It is a nice feeling & privilege to be amongst such wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete